Chemical Peel Post-Treatment Instructions
Non-ablative peels and resurfacing are non-invasive, in-office treatments. The following instructions are your obligations. Included are normal experiences and observations of treatment.
Following your treatment
- Your skin may be irritated or red, and feel as though you have a mild sunburn.
To alleviate any redness or discomfort, you may apply cool, not cold compresses to the treatment site. Do not apply ice or anything frozen directly to the skin. Apply cool compresses for no longer than 20-minute intervals. Soothing gels and creams may also be applied as recommended.
- Flaking and crusting may occur.
Do not exfoliate aggressively or attempt to remove any crusting. If you experience any open wounds, contact our office immediately.
- Maintain hydration.
Drink plenty of non-alcoholic, caffeine-free and sodium free beverages, and keep skin well hydrated as directed.
- Cleanse and treat your skin as prescribed.
Follow the directions you are given for your skin conditions and goals. Proper skincare is essential to support the effects of your resurfacing treatment.
- Do not expose your skin to direct sunlight for a minimum of 30 days. Good sun protection is essential following treatment.
If you are outdoors, apply at least an SPF 30 at least 30 minutes prior to sun exposure and wear protective clothing. Following laser, light or energy based treatment of any kind, your skin is highly susceptible to sunburn or the formation or irregular, darkened pigmentation.
Sun protection is required for life to maintain the results you have achieved.
No waxing or Laser Hair Removal for a minimum of 7 days following your treatment. No injectable treatments like soft tissue augmentation (fillers) or denervation (Botox) for a minimum of 7 days following your treatment.
Follow up as directed
- A one-week post treatment follow-up is recommended.
However, you may call our office at any time with your concerns or for needed follow-up. Touch-up procedures at regular intervals may be recommended or desired to maintain your results.
- Your treatment may require several treatments over many weeks to achieve your results. Results may not be visible after each treatment, but may gradually develop in the weeks that follow. Therefore, it is essential that your progress be monitored throughout your treatment cycle. Keep your appointments as directed.
- Call our office at least 3 business days in advance if you must reschedule.
Your skin will change as you age.
Contact our office with any of your questions or concerns, at any time.