Non-Invasive Post Treatment Instructions
These are instructions pertaining to non-invasive, in-office treatments.
The following instructions are your obligation. Included are normal experiences and observations of various treatments. Once your procedure is completed, you must follow all the instructions given to you in order to heal properly and have a positive outcome.
Following Your Treatment
Whether this is your first non-invasive treatment or a subsequent treatment, follow these instructions. Instructions vary by treatment.
- Do not bend over or lay flat following treatment. This may increase any swelling you may experience. Sleep with your head elevated for the first few days following treatment for optimal circulation.
- Do not rub or apply pressure to the treated area. In some cases, you may be instructed to massage the treatment area. In other cases, you will be instructed not to massage the area at all. Follow directions for massage explicitly. Call our office if you have any questions.
- Do not wear a hat, headband or any other garment or accessory that may put pressure on the treatment region in the first few hours after treatment.
- If your lips have been injected, avoid pursing your lips for the first few days after injection. This means sipping from a cup rather than a straw, and no pursing a cigarette.
- Maintain hydration. Drink plenty of non-alcoholic, caffeine-free and sodium free beverages, and keep skin well hydrated as directed.
- Cleanse and treat your skin as prescribed. Follow the directions you are given for your skin conditions and goals. Proper skincare is essential to support the effects of your resurfacing treatment.
- No sun exposure. Sun exposure must be completely avoided for a minimum of 3 days post treatment. After this time good sun protection is essential. If you are outdoors, apply SPF 30 at least thirty minutes prior to sun exposure and reapply every 1 to 2 hours. Wear protective clothing. Following laser, light or energy based treatment of any kind, your skin is highly susceptible to sunburn or the formation of irregular, darkened pigmentation. Therefore, sun protection is required for life to maintain the results you have achieved.
The following are normal experiences that can occur following treatment:
- Tenderness or bruising in the affected area.