Brown Spot Removal
There are several causes of brown spots on the skin. Sun exposure, certain medications, hormones, and simple genetics can all contribute to the brown spots, also called “sun spots”. A brown spot is an area of skin with either a higher number of pigment cells (called “melanocytes”) or an increased number of pigment molecules (called “melanin”) located within the melanocyte.
Some excess melanin rests in the epidermis – the top layer of your skin – and some resides deeper in the dermis. Because of this, brown spots are really a diverse group of skin issues and require different lightening treatments.
Is Laser brown spot removal for me?
- People with early aging of the skin or visible sun damage
- People who suffer from Rosacea and experience flushing and redness of their skin
- People who don’t want to take time off to heal from laser resurfacing or chemical peels
- Active people who want to improve their skin, but do not want to interfere with social or outdoor activities
What is laser brown spot removal?
Lasers and Intense Pulsed Light devices remove brown spots and patches from the skin by selectively targeting the melanin and melanocyte, leaving other skin cells intact. This is why laser brown spot removal is the safest and most effective treatment choice for removing this type of skin damage from the body.
Lasers have dramatically advanced the way we treat skin issues, and certain lasers have been designed to just remove brown spots. The treatment is a quick office-based procedure, requires no anesthesia, and usually takes 15 minutes to an hour, depending on the size, color, and depth of the spot, as well as the number of spots to be treated.
What to expect after the treatment
- Improve appearance of aging or sun damaged skin
- They smooth the skin and reduce pore size
- Improve skin tone and tightness
- Reduce redness, flushing or Rosacea
- Minimal recovery time