Plastic surgery has been around for centuries in one form or another. In the past, it was used for medical purposes for soldiers or people born with birth defects. Today it can be used both medically and cosmetically. Advancements in procedures and techniques allow today’s surgeons to improve different concerns and to reverse some of the changes due to aging. Facial procedures are increasingly popular as more and more people turn to ways to improve their appearance. At Mosa Surgery, we offer a range of facial surgeries to our patients.
Types of Facial Surgeries
- Brow Lift – As we age, our skin loses its elasticity. On the forehead, frown lines appear. The upper eyelids start to sag. Pulling up the skin on the forehead erases the lines and tightens up the eyelids.
- Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty) – This procedure can be done on either the upper or lower eyelids or both. The surgeon places the incisions in the natural creases of the upper lid or the lash line of the lower lid. Both procedures tighten up droopy lids.
- Chin Augmentation – A weak chin can detract from an otherwise attractive face. Placing an implant in the chin area makes the chin more prominent and balances the face. The incision goes just under the chin or inside the mouth.
- Jaw Surgery – An orthognathic procedure is done to correct a maligned mouth or to repair injuries. Since changing the jaw will sometimes move the teeth, an orthodontist may become involved.
- Ear Pinning (Otoplasty) – This procedure pulls overly prominent ears back, closer to the scalp, resulting in a much-improved appearance.
- Rhinoplasty – Surgery on the nose can be done for cosmetic reasons or to correct breathing problems or both. The nose is the center of the face. If it’s too large or too small or crooked, the correction of these flaws will improve the harmony of the face.
- Facelift – This procedure is done to reverse the effects of aging, especially on the neck and jaw. The skin of the neck tends to sag as we age and the elastic tissue is lost. The neck is tightened up by removing excess skin, resulting in a much more youthful appearance.
- Facial Implants – The implants are usually placed over the cheekbones or in the chin to add dimension to the area.
Request a Consultation
In south Florida, you can trust the Board Certified surgeons at MOSA Surgery to help you become the most natural, most beautiful you possible. The surgeons specialize in different areas, ranging from aesthetic surgery to breast reconstruction to hand surgery and foot and ankle surgery. If you are suffering from the effects of an injury or aging, or if you simply want to change the way you look, MOSA can help you. For more information, call our office or fill out an online form for a consultation.